Deathbase is a database of proteins involved in different Cell Death processes. It is aimed to compile relevant data on the function, structure and evolution of this important cellular process in several organisms. Information contained in the database is subject to manual curation.
DeathBase is developed and maintained through an AICR - funded joint effort of the comparative genomics group at the Center for Genomic Regulation (CRG) and Cristina Muñoz-Pinedo group at the IDIBELL in Barcelona.
Contact us: here
DeathBase Team (database implementation, web development and manual data curation):
- Javier Diez-Perez - Database development and annotation.
- Cristina Muñoz-Pinedo - Annotation Coordinator.
- Dorothée Walter - Annotation.
- Toni Gabaldón - Database development coordinator.
External Database Curators:
- BH3 proteins – Andreas Villunger
- Multidomain Bcl-2 proteins – Christoph Borner
- Death receptors and ligands – Henning Walczak, Avi Ashkenazi, Marion MacFarlane
- Mammalian IAPs and TNF signaling – John Silke
- Caspases – Seamus Martin, Pascal Meier
- CARD-containing / inflammasome proteins – Maya Saleh
- Miscellaneous proteins – Doug Green, Stephen Tait
- IAPs and inhibitors – Pascal Meier
- Drosophila proteins – Andreas Bergmann
- C. elegans proteins – Brent Derry
- Zebrafish proteins – Avi Ashkenazi, Peter Eimon